Science – timelynursingwriters.com
Florida Quality Improvement and Evidence Based Practice Comparison Paper – timelynursingwriters.com
Differences between Quality Improvement (QI), Evidence-Based Practice (EBP), and Original Research Evidence in Global Health
This paper will be 6-page narrative (six pages maximum – 5 point deduction for over page limit) plus a title page, abstract page, and a reference page in APA format.
The purpose is to discuss the differences between QI, EBP, and research evidence.
Why should nurses know and understand the differences among these three concepts?
- Page 1: Title page: Create a title for your paper. Refer to your APA.
- Page 2: Abstract: The abstract should open with a sentence that will serve as an introduction to the purpose of the paper. Refer to your APA Manual. An abstract is usually a brief outline of the contents of the paper that typically does not exceed 250 words. At the end of the abstract place the phrase Key Words, and denote 3-4 keywords that would describe your paper (as for publication and indexing in CINAHL or PubMed).
- Page 3-8: Narrative (Six pages maximum)
- Headings: Significance and Background: Start the paper with a short paragraph that introduces the topic in the paper. (Approximately ½-page).
- Headings: Quality Improvement: (QI) (Approximately 1 page). Do not write in the first person.
- Headings: Evidence-Based Practice: (EBP) (Approximately 1 page).
- Headings: Original Research Evidence: (Approximately 1 page).
- Headings: Discussion: Why should nurses know and understand the differences among these three concepts? (Approximately 1-page).
- Headings: Conclusion. Summarize the key points from your discussion. (Approximately 1 page).
- Page 9+: Reference page: Refer to your APA Manual.
This review is a scholarly paper in APA format and with at least three APA references (two articles and textbook), cited both in the text and the reference page. Use the “Sample APA Format Template” to help you format your paper.
- Use the CINAHL database (Links to an external site.) to conduct a Literature Review to find articles from NURSING journals.
(Refer to the presentation How to Access the FIU Library and How to Do a Literature Search using CINAHL).
- DO NOT USE A MEDICAL, INTERDISCIPLINARY, OR A NON-PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL.
- DO NOT USE A LITERATURE REVIEW ARTICLE OR A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW ARTICLE OR CLINICAL PROTOCOLS AS ONE OF YOUR ARTICLES.
- Cite the articles in the text and reference page.