Writing – timelynursingwriters.com
3 discussions for 3 courses week 7 – timelynursingwriters.com
- Think about a situation in which a presenter had a significant impact on you. Describe the situation and analyze why the presenter was able to make such a strong connection with the audience.
- Complete the following sentence and the explain your answer: “The most important thing I would tell a future ENG 315 student about presenting is…”
The Evolution of a Technological Solution
Consider how technology has evolved in your lifetime. These changes may impact how we work to find solutions to the global threats discussed so far. If we could remove the current boundaries of technology and look into the future, how would you use technology to resolve one of these global threats?
By the early 1950s, the US was a world super-power militarily and economically. The Great Depression was no more. But, two major rival powers were developing, rivals ideologically and militarily: The Cold War between the US and its allies versus the Soviet Union and its allies/clients would be the dominant international issue for the next four decades. Domestically, in the 1950s and the 1960s, the US would begin grappling head-on with major Civil Rights and economic issues, as well as a divisive conflict in Vietnam—and widespread demonstrations and some high profile assassinations.
Choose and discuss (in a full paragraph or two) one of the following two topics related to the period from the late 1940s and through the 1960s.
- Discuss America’s Cold War policy or strategy aimed at dealing with communism and the Soviet threat, and an example of a Cold War conflict or crisis.
- Identify one or two Cold War strategies of the US. Describe a specific example of a conflict or crisis that was part of this Cold War strategy, and compare or contrast this to the international situation today.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these Cold War issues.
- Discuss the Civil Rights advances and struggles that took place in the 1950s and 1960s along with relevant legal developments.
- Identify two key specific events of the Civil Rights struggle and at least one major piece of legislation or court decision.
- Explain the historical significance of your examples and ways they have impacted our own time.
- Identify the source(s) where you read these Civil Rights issues.