Humanities – timelynursingwriters.com
Information Literacy and Research Skills in Forensic Psychology Paper – timelynursingwriters.com
In this final Signature Assignment, you will reflect upon your personal progress as a new graduate student in forensic psychology.
This week, your assignment will consist of two parts: You will reflect upon the feedback your instructor has provided as well as review your personal progress and career interests as a new graduate student. This assignment will guide you in your overall academic integrity and prepare you for your work in courses in the program. It may also help guide you to develop specific interests within the field of forensic psychology and influence your future capstone or internship focus.
For the first portion of your Signature Assignment, you will reflect on your progress as a graduate student in forensic psychology.
This is a self-assessment reflection and may be based on your work and feedback in this course.
Assess your understanding of course concepts. Focus on the following areas:
- Your vision and professional aspirations.
- Your level of information literacy/research skills.
- Your ability to make logical, persuasive arguments about course and discipline concepts and ideas. In other words, your ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Your consistency in applying proper APA formatting.
- Your ability to use effective communications.
- The level and consistency of your professionalism.
- Your three most valuable strengths as a graduate student that will help you to succeed in your program. Discuss the evidence that you have to indicate that you possess these strengths.
- The three most important areas you need to strengthen as a graduate student. Discuss the evidence that you have to indicate that you need to strengthen these three areas.
- The challenges you will face strengthening these areas. Consider your personal setting and circumstances and how you think they will evolve over the next two years.
- The strategies you can use to overcome these challenges. You may want to consider forming a support group, adjusting your circumstances as much as you are able, developing a schedule, and so on. Reviewing each activity will help you to identify the strategies that will be the most valuable to you.
Length: 10-12 pages
For the second portion of this final assignment, you will imagine what you might do in your capstone project or your internship. While this is still a bit ahead, this task will approach you fast, and having a good idea of where you are headed with your education will be beneficial as you move through this program. For this portion of the assignment, you will write a paper on a topic of interest to you in
In this paper, you may utilize the resources that were in previous assignments for this course, or you may find new resources, but you need to include 4-6 resources for the paper.
In this paper, you should:
- Use references to discuss the theories you are most interested in.
- Discuss ideas and areas you would like to study further.
- Include preliminary plans on how you will go about developing your interest area and assess what challenges you may have with this work.
Length: 5-7 pages
You will compile both parts into one
Total Length: 15-20 pages
Your work on your Signature Assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to your efforts to lay a strong foundation for success. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.