Other – timelynursingwriters.com
Industrialization had its share of both champions who celebrated these changes and critics who opposed them? – timelynursingwriters.com
The introduction of the factory system, labor unions and advances in transportation had far reaching impacts on the economies of these nations as well. Industrialization had its share of both champions who celebrated these changes and critics who opposed them. It’s your turn to take a stand!
For your assessment, you will complete a graphic organizer. The template will help you organize arguments and evidence that could be used to write an argument essay. Note you will NOT be writing the essay for this assessment. Instead, you will be learning how to plan an argument essay in preparation for later assessments in the course.
You may benefit from viewing this tutorial on argument writing to help you prepare your arguments.
Step 1: Support the Claim
The following claim has been provided:
“While the Industrial Revolution had both positive and negative effects on society and the economy, the positive effects outweighed the negative.”
- Write three logical arguments supporting the claim.
- Support each argument with evidence. Be sure to include the source of the evidence on the graphic organizer.
Step 2: Write a Counterclaim
- Write a counterclaim related to the claim that was provided. A counterclaim is a statement that opposes (goes against) the claim. It might also be the opposite of the claim.
Step 3: Support the Counterclaim
- Write one logical argument supporting the counterclaim.
- Support the argument with evidence. Be sure to include the source of the evidence on the graphic organizer.
Step 4: Consider the Evidence
- Explain why you believe the evidence supporting the claim is stronger than the evidence supporting the counterclaim.
Your submission must include:
- a completed graphic organizer
Please Note: A formal writing style avoids slang and abbreviations. Another important element of formal writing is using third-person point of view.
- The sentence, “I think the Industrial Revolution had many positive effects on society,” is written from first-person point of view because it uses the pronoun “I.” This point of view should be avoided in formal writing.
- The sentence, “The Industrial Revolution had many positive effects on society,” is written from third-person point of view. Formal writing uses this point of view.
Be sure to use third-person as you write your arguments, and check your work for spelling and grammar errors before submission.