Business Finance – timelynursingwriters.com
Mod 1 Disaster Behavioral Health and the Psychosocial Impacts of Disaster – timelynursingwriters.com
Module 1 -Disaster Behavioral Health and the Psychosocial Impacts of Disaster
Reflection # 1— Put some effort into this, as it is actually one of 2 reflections for which you will be graded. This post will require more intensive consideration, effort, and even research. Please include references at the end. Do not post any answers as an attached document, but include the text directly in the thread.
What do you think it takes to be a qualitatively effective Disaster Mental Health responder?
1. What kinds of character traits and skills seem necessary?
2. What kinds of character traits and even skill sets might present barriers to being effective?
3. What if you were in that role? What traits or skills do you think you possess that would be helpful in that role? If not, what skills do you see yourself better suited for? Do you feel that there would be certain aspects of that role that might be especially challenging for you personally?
– Kindly, answer each question clearly and separately.
– APA Style
– Two references at least.
– Required Readings
- Halpern & Tramontin: Chapters 1, 2 & 3
- Amanda Ripley: Intro & Parts 1 and 2
- Pfefferbaum, B., Flynn, B. W., Schonfeld, D., Brown, L. M., Jacobs, G. A., Dodgen, D., … & Lindley, D. (2012). The integration of mental and behavioral health into disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. Disaster medicine and public health preparedness, 6(01), 60-66. (attached)
- Redefining Readiness: NIH Study (2004)
- Maslow’s Heirarchy of Needs (attached)