Humanities – timelynursingwriters.com
Lesson 9 How Academic Discipline Reflects Culture of a Society Response Essay – timelynursingwriters.com
Lesson 9: Final Review
- Write a response essay that describes how an academic discipline may reflect the culture of a society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of culture in various civilizations as expressed through the visual and performing arts (e.g., painting, sculpture, architecture, music)
- Critically analyze literature and the visual and performing arts of selected cultures within their historical context
9. Final Review
Humanities “are a group of academic subjects united by a commitment to studying aspects of the human condition….through the following branches: arts, classics, history, languages and literature, performing arts, dance, religion, and philosophy”
Directions: Write a response essay that describes how one of the academic disciplines listed in this definition may reflect the culture of a society. Use examples to justify your opinion.
Your response must be a minimum of six (6) paragraphs, with each paragraph containing a minimum of seven (7) sentences. Use complete sentences and correct English writing rules in your response. Don’t forget to cite your sources. Use the checklist below to guide your writing.
Essay must include:
- a minimum of six (6) paragraphs
- each paragraph contains a minimum of seven (7) sentences
- less than five errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- examples to justify opinion
- references and sources cited