See attached File.
This is a process costing minicase which must be done in excel.
Oligopoly and monopolistic competition have some similarities, but also have a few important differences. Both are examples of imperfect competition on the market structure continuum between ideals of perfect competition and monopoly. The dividing line between oligopoly and monopolistic competition can be blurred due to the number of firms in the industry. The primary difference between oligopoly and monopolistic competition is the relative size and the market control of each firm based on the number of competitors in the market. There is no clear-cut dividing line between these two market structures, for example, the women’s and girl’s cut and sew apparel manufacturing and fluid milk manufacturing industries.
Using the Ashford University Library as a resource, find two articles that discuss financial ratio analysis. Identify two advantages and two disadvantages to using ratios in financial analysis. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Discuss the evolving roles of managers in the hospitality industry and identify significant trends related to economic concerns.
Walker, J. R. (2006). 2010. Introduction to hospitality (Custom Edition ed., pp. 559, 561-565). Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Prentice Hall.
I CAN ONLY PAY $10 FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT BOTH PARTS
Final Project Outline/Annotated Bibliography
Before you begin, review the possible topics and requirements for your Final Project in Week Five. There are four topics that you may choose from and they are listed at the beginning of the Final Project prompt. Submit the following to your instructor for review:
- Identify the topic of your Final Project
- Describe the issue, why it was selected, the perspective of approach, and the scope of the paper.
- Provide an outline of your project
- The outline should include a heading for each section of the Research Paper/PowerPoint Presentation (including one for the thesis and the conclusion) as well as heading descriptions. Subheadings should also be used with a description of each subheading. These should demonstrate that you have done significant research, evaluation, and critical thinking on the issues involved and should illustrate the strategies you would incorporate and implement for the scenario you are creating.
- Create an annotated bibliography
- The annotated bibliography should contain at least five scholarly sources that you intend to use in your project. Each listing must include a paraphrased narrative of the actual research study presented in the article and the studies used should represent the most current research related to the topic area.
Your outline and annotated bibliography must adhere to proper APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You may also find samples of each in the Ashford Writing Center, which is located under Learning Resources in the left-hand navigation panel of your classroom.
Your assignment should be four to six pages as follows:
- Title Page (one page)
- Outline (two to three pages)
- Annotated Bibliography (one to two pages)
No plagiarism will be accepted!! The length requirement is 10-12 pages. The assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting which includes an abstract and reference page in addition to the 10-12 pages already mentioned.
Select a publicly traded company using the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) EDGAR System at http://sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html and submit to the instructor for approval. Please note that each student must research a different company. Once the instructor has approved the company selection, obtain the Annual Report (Form 10K) and Proxy Statement (Form DEF 14A) of the company for the immediate past fiscal year. Review these documents in addition to Earnings Releases and other financial information available on the company’s Investor Relations website to evaluate the following items.
Independent Auditor’s Report
- Based on the selected public traded company, what type of auditor’s report was issued on the financial statements.
- What kind of evidence the auditors found that indicated the company did not follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Identify members of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, its functions, and number of meetings held.
- Determine if the composition of this committee satisfies Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) requirements in terms of independence and accounting knowledge.
- Review the audit committee report and discuss Committee actions. Determine how these actions ensure the integrity of the audited financial statements.
Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Identify the company’s independent registered public accounting firm.
- Determine how long this firm has served as the external auditors.
- Determine other services, if any, provided to or on behalf of the company.
- Determine fees paid to this firm by type of service provided.
- Discuss changes in or disagreements with the accountants on accounting and financial disclosures, if any.
Reports of the Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Review the report of the independent registered public accounting firm on internal controls. Determine if the report and its contents meet the criteria established in Internal Control – Integrated Framework issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) and the PCAOB.
- Review the report of the independent registered public accounting firm on the audited financial statements. Determine what type of opinion was issued and whether the work performed meets the criteria of COSO and the PCAOB, in addition to GAAP and GAAS.
Prepare a 10-12 page research paper (excluding title page, abstract, references page, and appendices containing financial analysis) in APA format that presents the findings of your analysis of the company’s SEC filings. Your paper should also discuss the following:
- The type of auditor’s report that was issued.
- What kind of evidence the auditors found which indicated the company did not follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Roles, responsibilities, and objectives of internal and external auditors.
- Types and assessment of audit and Internal control risks.
- Ethical standards in auditing and the implications of unethical behavior.
- Internal control system, its role in a business and its significance in the auditing process.
- Use of computer assisted auditing techniques.
- GAAS, GAAP, PCAOB, and COSO requirements for audits of publicly traded companies.
In addition to the SEC Forms, a minimum of five (5) peer-reviewed academic or professional references must be used in the paper.