Do some research on the currency and banking situation in your country.
We normally think of currency and banking risks as being something confined to third-world or developing countries. But events in the past few years such as the Euro crisis or the financial crisis in the United States have shown that not even the wealthy, developed countries are without risks on the financial side. So it is important for any company doing business in your country to carefully consider the risks that they face.
After you’ve done some research about financial issues in your country, write a 2- to 3-page paper covering the following issues:
- The currency of your country. Is it stable? Does the exchange rate fluctuate a lot?
- The banking system in your country. How safe is this system? Any recent banking crisis in your country?
- Overall does the financial system in your country make it easy or difficult to do business? What kind of steps would you recommend for a company doing business in your country to hedge or minimize its financial risks?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Continue to write about the country you selected in Module 1.
- Write 2–3 pages focused on issues 1–3 above.
- Try not to rely on just one source—use multiple sources from the library if possible.
- Use appropriate writing style (organization, grammar, and spelling—see writing guidelines) and include both a bibliography and in-text citations.